Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The Adrian Mole series. . .

Adrian Mole is back!

"Dear Mr Blair (. . .) I had booked a week's holiday at the Athena Apartments, Paphos, Cyprus, for the first week of November for me and my eldest son at a total cost of £571 plus airport tax. My personal travel adviser, Johnny Bond, of Latesun Ltd, demanded a deposit of £57.10, which I paid to him on September 23rd. Imagine my alarm when I turned on the television the next day and heard you telling the House of Commons that Saddam Hussein could attack Cyprus with his Weapons of Mass Destruction within forty-five minutes! (. . . ) Would it be possible to send a handwritten note confirming the threat to Cyprus so that I can pass it on to Johnny Bond and therefore retrieve my deposit? I can ill afford to lose £57.10"

"Saturday October 19th - At lunchtime today I walked to Country Organics to give Marigold a copy of What Not to Wear by Trinny Woodall and Susannah Constantine. I haven't mentioned it before, diary, but Marigold has very little dress sense. Somehow she has not realized tha pop socks should not be worn with a mid-calf skirt. Or that lime-green shoes are not a good idea. When she saw the title, her lower lip trembled and her eyes filled with tears. She was obviously touched."

No comments: